October 20, 2021

The Indie Toaster

Complete News World

The United States has announced plans to distribute another 55 million Govt vaccines Vaccine

The White House presented its plan this Monday (21) Share more than 55 million Govt-19 vaccines worldwide. It will receive 14 million doses, including in Latin America and the Caribbean.

About 75% of the doses will be distributed through the Kovacs facility, the Govit-19 vaccine distribution program WHO (World Health Organization) and targeting poor countries. The other 25% will go to “regional priorities” (See below).

Levels are part of the president’s promise United States, Joe Biden, alone 80 million vaccines Produced in the country (60 million doses from Astrogeneneka and 20 million doses from Pfizer / Bioendech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson).

The distribution of the first 25 million doses was announced earlier this month – Also includes Brazil (Watch the video below). From this first ship, six million doses were delivered to Latin America and the Caribbean.

US to send 80 million doses of vaccines to other countries

US to send 80 million doses of vaccines to other countries

They will all be distributed by the end of this month, the White House said in a statement. It is not yet known how many doses will be shipped to Brazil.

The United States has already used 95 levels for every 100 people, according to a project “Our World Data” linked to the University of Oxford. Only countries like Israel (122) and the United Kingdom (109) are ahead.

In these countries, with the improvement in immunity, the number of cases and deaths has dropped in recent months, And most controls to control corona virus infection have already been removed (such as the use of open-air masks).

Brazil, on the other hand, has used 86 million doses so far, equivalent to 40 vaccines per 100 citizens – the same as Tuvalu, Guyana and Argentina, and just above the world average (34).

U.S. health officials allow vaccinated people to walk without a mask – Photo: Brendan McDermott / Reuters

Distribution of 55 million volumes

According to a plan released on Monday, About 41 million of the 55 million volumes will be shared via the Kovacs facility. Latin America and the Caribbean receive about 14 million; Asia, about 16 million; And Africa, about 10 million.

According to the White House, Latin American countries include Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay.

The other 25% (approximately 14 million volumes) will go to countries and territories classified by the White House as “regional priorities”.. They include Argentina, Colombia, the West Bank, Gaza, Iraq and Ukraine.

Half a billion more vaccines

In addition to distributing these 80 million volumes already produced, The The United States announced on the 10th that it would purchase and donate another 500 million vaccines from Pfizer (Watch the video below).

They will be distributed to 92 poorer countries by Kovacs. Countries such as Afghanistan, Angola, and Syria will receive the measure until 2022.

Brazil is part of the federation, but does not benefit from these measures To be considered that they can buy the vaccines themselves.

The United States has announced a $ 500 million donation from Pfizer to poor countries
The United States has announced a $ 500 million donation from Pfizer to poor countries

The United States has announced a $ 500 million donation from Pfizer to poor countries

Videos: News about Govt-19 vaccines