March 27, 2023

The Indie Toaster

Complete News World

The child, who saw the father’s gun at home, fired at the mother

An American man has been arrested and charged with the death of his girlfriend after he was shot by the couple’s two-year-old son during a Zoom video call in August this year.

Florida police say the baby found Ventre Avery’s gun in the children’s pocket while on a video call to mother Shamaya Lin’s work.

Avery, 22, has been charged with manslaughter and failing to keep a firearm at home.

Court records show he did not yet have a lawyer and pleaded not guilty.

In Florida, homicide is a crime punishable by up to 15 years in prison. Avery could face up to 15 years in prison and a $ 10,000 fine.

According to Altamonde Springs police, the weapon was unsafely placed in a children’s bag lying on the floor of the couple’s bedroom.

Police said the child took the gun, went behind the mother and fired a single gun.

One of Lynn’s co-workers, who took part in the video call on the Zoom processor, called emergency responders on August 11. She said she heard a loud bang and Lynn fell backwards.

“A woman is dead … she has a camera. Her baby is crying in the background,” a co-worker said in a police call to local media.

When Avery returned home, he found his girlfriend bleeding on the floor. He called police and told paramedics to “please hurry up,” the Orlando Sentinel newspaper said.

During the phone call, he said he had returned home and did not know what had happened. While waiting for help to arrive he was able to hear CPR doing it.

See also  The United States has removed Brazil from its list of countries not recommended for travel The world

Medical assistants gave first aid to the 21-year-old girl, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

“The results have consequences,” Altamonde Springs police officer Roberto Ruiz told reporters Tuesday (12/10).

“As a gun owner, you have a responsibility to take care of those guns.”

The couple’s two children, who were at home at the time of the incident, were not injured. Both are now in the care of other family members.

Avery is expected to appear at the new court hearing on November 23.