USWNT vs Iceland – 2022 Shepelevs Cup, presented by Visa
History: February 23 2022
place: Toyota Frisco Stadium, Texas
Broadcasting: ESPN2, PrendeTV
broadcast time: 8 PM ET / 9 PM ET
Official start time: 8:08 pm Cairo time / 9:08 pm Eastern time
Starting from the eleventh against Iceland: 18-Casey Murphy, 5-Kelly O’Hara (captain), 9-Mallory Beau, 11-Sofia Smith, 12-Terna Davidson, 13-Ashley Sanchez, 15-Alana Cook, 17-Andy Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox, 20- Catarina Macario, 22- Christy Moyes
Available subs: 1- Alyssa Naher, 2- Trinity Rodman, 3- Lynn Williams, 4- Becky Sauerbrunn, 6- Morgan Gutraat, 7- Ashley Hatch, 8- Sophia Huerta, 10- Jaylene Howell, 14- Emily Sonnett, 16- Rose Lavell, 21 Aubrey Kingsbury, 23 Margaret Pierce
Game notes | Five things to know – Iceland
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): O’Hara (150), Pugh (70), Davidson (48), K. Mewis (36), Sullivan (25), Macario (15), Smith (13), Fox (10), Cook (6), Sanchez (5) Murphy (4)
- The starting line-up against Iceland includes four different players from the squad that started on Sunday against New Zealand and just two changes from the squad that started the tournament’s opening match against the Czech Republic.
- Five players – Alana Cook, Emily Fox, Andi Sullivan, Catarina Macario and Sophia Smith – started all three matches for the USA in this tournament.
- With an average age of 25.40, this is the youngest starting lineup the USA has used this tournament and is the youngest XI ever to start with the US in the SheBelieves Cup, surpassing the mark previously set in 2018 when the average starting lineup against France was 25.48 years old. The starting lineup against Iceland is the youngest starting lineup the United States has used in a match since April 5, 2018, when the USWNT lineup against Mexico averaged 25.2.
- Seven out of 11 freshmen in the United States are under 25 years old.
- The starting lineup averages 34 caps per player with O’Hara (150) the most experienced player in the starting lineup. Pugh, for which you will earn 70y Career cap, he is the next most capped player in this squad and the only other player to have more than 50 caps. Six players in this starting lineup have fewer than 20 caps – Macario (15), Smith (13), Fox (11), Cook (7), Sanchez (5) and Murphy (4).
- defender Kelly O’Hara She will return to the starting line-up and captain the United States for the second time in three games and the third time overall in her career. O’Hara, who captained the team and played the full 90 minutes against the Czech Republic on February 17, will earn it 150y Maximum job posting, to be 24 onlyy A player in USWNT history to reach 150 international appearances.
- O’Hara has nearly three times as many games as the rest of the main defense and is the first and only player to appear in every edition of the SheBelieves Cup, now playing in the tournament every year since its inception in 2016.
- A goal keeper Casey Murphy She will earn her fourth title as she started for the second time in the championship for the USA, and once held against the Czech Republic on February 17 while marking her second career exit. The 25-year-old Murphy made her USWNT debut on November 27 in the USA’s 3-0 win over Australia in Sydney, and put in an excellent eight save performance as she became just the seventh goalkeeper in USWNT history to get a clean sheet. in its first cover.
- Mallory Bog You will earn her 70y Hat her career as she started for the second time in the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, becoming number 51St Player in USWNT history to reach 70 caps. After starting and playing 59 minutes against the Czech Republic on February 17, Pog came in the second half against New Zealand and scored in second-half stoppage time and was 19y International goal of her career. Pugh’s first target was the USA in 871 days. Her last goal came before her final match against the Futbol Ferns on 3 October 2019 against South Korea.
- With 19 international goals in his career, Pugh is now the career goal scorer for this SheBelieves Cup roster. The 24-year-old needs just one more goal to reach his 20 career goals and 20 assists career with the USWNT.
- Sophia Smith It will start for the third time in a row when you win it 13y Generally for the USWNT. Smith helped create the opening goal in the USA’s 5-0 victory over New Zealand, hitting a dangerous cross that netted an own goal. Smith is the youngest player in this starting lineup and at the age of 21 she has had one goal and three assists in her previous 12 matches.
- Terna Davidson You will earn her 48y Hat as she makes her second start in the tournament and her 10thy He started in the last 11 matches for the United States. Davidson came midway through USA’s February 20 win over New Zealand, cutting a streak of nine consecutive starts for the USWNT. Davidson leads the United States in total minutes played since the late Olympics ended in Tokyo, having played 607 minutes since the start of the FIFA window in September.
- Ashley Sanchez She would make her second debut in as many games in the USWNT as she earned her 5th career title overall. The 22-year-old Sanchez made her career debut in the United States’ 5-0 win over New Zealand on February 20, playing 66 minutes into the win.
- Alana Cook She will start her fifth consecutive game in the USWNT as she earns her seventh game overall. The only player to have played all 180 minutes for the USA during the first two matches of the 2022 Shebelle’s Cup, Cooke has played a full 90 minutes in each of her previous six games, helping the United States get five clean sheets.
- If you play the full 90 minutes against Iceland, Cook will become the seventh player on the USWNT Stadium to play the full 270 minutes in a single SheBelieves Cup, a feat previously accomplished by Sauerbrunn (3x), Abby Dahlkemper (2x), Davidson, Julie Ertz, Morgan Gautrat and Alex Morgan (once each).
- Andy Sullivan You will earn her 25y Cap as they started for the eighth time in their last nine games for the United States. Sullivan, who has only played one game in 2020, has played a full 90 minutes in four of her last seven internationals for the United States. By comparison, in her first 17 games, Sullivan only went the full 90 minutes on three occasions.
- Emily Fox You will start it for the fifth time in a row and you will win it 11y The cap is generally for USWNT. Seven of Fox’s previous 10 career games have gone under Andonovsky, including five in 2021 and starting in the United States’ first two matches at the 2022 Shepherd’s Cup. Since joining the USA roster in the October FIFA window, Fox will now appear in the last seven Matches for the USA. Davidson is the only other American player to hold that distinction, although Becky Sauerbrunn could also join that group if she sees time against Iceland.
- Catarina Macario She will start for the third time in a row in the SheBelieves Cup and 15y General appearance of the USWNT. The 22-year-old Macario scored three goals and one assist in her 12 games in 2021 and will now start each of her last six games for the United States.
- After starting and playing the full 90 minutes in the United States’ victory over New Zealand on February 20, Kristi Moyes She will make her second consecutive debut for the USA as she earns her 36 yearsy career cover. The bid against football Ferns was 10y A 90-minute match in its previous 35 matches, but it was only the third 90-minute show since returning to the USWNT in late 2020. Moyes, who has made the fourth-most appearances with any player in this starting lineup, scored a goal and assist in the 2021 Shepelevs Cup, both coming against Argentina on the final day of the tournament.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”