Registration for the closed Android beta test is currently available via google apps.
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
A new story unfolds in the world of Orsterra! Enjoy high quality graphics, combat action and similar storytelling Octopate Traveler In this prequel optimized for mobile devices.
What do you seek at the end of the journey?
A few years before the events Octopate TravelerOrsterra is ruled by tyrants hungry for “wealth, power, and fame”.
While the desires of tyrants have unleashed endless darkness upon the world…there are those who resist the darkness.
You will meet them while traveling around the world as the “chosen ones” of the Divine Ring.
What will you get and what will you experience during this trip?
Soon the story will lead you to the tyrants of the earth.
- 2D art, enhanced by 3D-CG effects, brings to life the wonderful world of Orsterra with beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses and treasures.
- An advanced command style battle system employs up to eight party members, with scrolling controls allowing for fast paced command selection.
- With over 64 characters at launch, explore an endless variety of characters to build your ultimate team. Choose the right team for the right battle and win on the battlefield.
- The “elect” must rise up against the great evils of Orsterra. What risks will you face on your trip? No matter what story you start with, you can try them all!
- The possibilities are endless with different options for character interactions. ‘Query’ for information, ‘use items’, or ‘rent’ as a party member – try each option to see what these new relationships turn out to be.
- Yasunori Nishiki, composer from behind Octopate Traveleris back in this latest installment with new compositions exclusive to Octopate Traveler: Continental Champions.
Watch a new trailer below.
“Web specialist. Lifelong zombie maven. Coffee ninja. Hipster-friendly analyst.”