August 17, 2022

The Indie Toaster

Complete News World

AAA says Spokane is a popular 4th of July vacation spot among travelers to Washington

AAA says Spokane is a popular 4th of July vacation spot among travelers to Washington

Nearly 48 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles this July 4th weekend, and experts say Washington residents see Spokane as a desirable vacation destination.

“From our travel reservations, people traveling domestically are Spokane the fourth most popular summer destination for travelers to Washington,” said Kelly Guest, director of the Public Relations and Traffic Safety Program at AAA Washington.

Spokane beyond Seattle, Los Angeles and Hawaii is popular with travelers to Washington based on travel reservations, Just said.

Vacation travel to and from Spokane is expected to rival pre-pandemic levels this year. Total travel volumes are also expected to approach 2019 levels on July 4th at the weekend, According to an AAA report published on June 21making it the second busiest July 4th holiday since 2000.

Car travel this weekend should set a new record, even though the national average for gas prices is over $5 per gallon. AAA expects 42 million Americans to hit the road, which is 88% of all travel expected. Air, bus, train and cruise travel account for the remaining 12%.

For those looking to travel this weekend, experts advise taking some precautions. One of them involves a complete vehicle inspection before going on a long trip.

“Fuel economy is a big issue… you don’t want fast acceleration or fast braking,” he just said

I just wanted to stress the importance of keeping your tires properly inflated.

“Being aware of your conditions and making changes to improve fuel economy is very important,” he just said.

The biggest congestion on the road is expected on Thursday and Friday, so those leaving later on the weekend may miss the biggest slowdown. Travel times nationwide were expected to increase by 50% before the weekend.

See also  Netflix stock fell after losing its first subscriber in a decade

But in Washington, fewer people are expected to travel on the roads.

“It is unique to see a case where the expected number of roadrunners has gone, while rising nationally,” Just said.

A large number of travelers from all over the country are expected to travel to Seattle. Seattle has been ranked among the top 10 attractive places for all travelers to visit for the weekend of July 4th.

“Seattle is the second most popular destination for Americans, and that’s because of the cruises,” Just said.

As a port city, Seattle is expected to be a popular place for people looking to get out of their homes after two years of besieged by the pandemic. She called it “Vengeance”.

“People are tired of being at home,” he just said.

That appears to be the case, based on reservations at the Granite Point Resort in Loon Lake. A resort worker said Thursday that a fireworks display is held every year and has been fully booked for at least a month.

When forming their forecasts, AAA takes into account factors such as “employment; production; household net worth; asset prices including stock indices; interest rates; housing market indicators and variables related to travel and tourism, including gasoline prices, air travel and hotel stays.”