A police officer from California, United States, Was “knocked out” after accidentally inhaling opioid fentanyl during a drug bust last week.
Pictures of the act were released Thursday (5) by San Diego County Police to warn of the dangers of consuming this substance. (Watch the video above).
David Fiveway fainted for a few minutes and was taken to hospital. He was accompanied by another police officer, Scott Crane, who provided first aid.
“I don’t think people know how dangerous and deadly this drug really is,” Fiveway said in a video after leaving the hospital.
Commonly used as an anesthetic, fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 50 times more potent than heroin and, in many cases, is taken in combination with other drugs.
In the video recorded on the camera fitted to Agent Crane’s uniform, Fiveway regained consciousness after taking a drug, but continued to have difficulty breathing.
“Firefighters came and put him on a stretcher, and he returned to a routine overdose reaction,” Crane said. “It was up to the hospital.”
The police officer said Fenton was an “invisible killer” and could have died if Five had been alone.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
Can turbulence bring down a plane? Understand that this is a real possibility!
10 Dangerous Foods for Your Puppy’s Health
Aggressive, hungry pythons move north from Florida – International